yourRavi.com will always try it’s best to bring you the latest content. So today we are starting a weekly series which will introduce you to many of the latest linux applications.
So today we are going to introduce you to a cool twitter client ‘Polly’. It’s to be noted that Polly is under active development so many of the features are not implemented yet. But still it is very much capable of doing many things.
To install on Ubuntu 11.04/11.10
Issue following three command in order to install(issue next command only when first command finishes).
- ‘sudo add-apt-repository ppa:conscioususer/polly-unstable’
- ‘sudo apt-get update’
- ‘sudo apt-get install polly’
To start Polly
Simply search for ‘Polly’ using Ubuntu dash or issue the following command in terminal.
- So now we will explain Polly’s working using Screenshots.
- When you launch Polly for the first time you’ll see following screen
- Just go ahead and follow intructions to add you twitter account.
- As soon as your account is added, you’ll see your ‘Home+Mentions’ twitter stream like this,
- Now let’s have a look at the menu
Now one of the nice features of Polly is that you can see multiple streams at a time like ‘My followers’, ‘Sent by me’ etc.
When you add any new stream your window just divide in to equal parts as shown below. I added ‘Retweeted by me’ stream that’s showing on the right hand side of the image.
So,that’s all I wanted to tell you about Polly. But the app has more to offer. You can explore more features by installing and using it on your Linux box(Ubuntu box).