If you are someone to whom pen is mightier than missile, you must require reading a lot. Any book, journal, periodical and whatever comes your way, go through it, grasp both good and bad of it. Think why you do not like some particular part of a book page or a whole book. Keep your eyes and ears open for latest updates. This does not mean that you vanish yourself from outside world, but being a writer learn from anything and everything that comes your way. Being a writer you are a reservoir of knowledge.
If you are new to writing world here are some tips and tricks that may help you in shaping up content ideas.
- Read each and every kind of literature, this will make you richer in words.
- Chose certain area to write content and stick to it; do not give up. You will get rejection in the start, learn from your mistakes; take your critics being positive.
- Read fellow writers of the same niche; analyze why he / she is successful. What is different in his / her writing?
- Know your reader group; fix what they like to read. Write genuine; if you are someone expert in theology, do not write ‘theology for teens,’ they look for theatre not theology. Mind it, how to play pranks with class teacher should sell more among teens than how to be obedient, yes, you can write how to make your teens obedient.
- Write as simple as you can, mainly if you are writing for web, your readers could be of any age group. Write article pieces easy to understand.
- People come to internet searching for a solution, not a problem, keep this fact in mind, write is such a way so that one won’t require asking for a friend’s help to understand your text.
- To help your reader, set a forum, invite your readers to ask questions and answer them in timely manner.
- Revise your content on a regular basis, make content revision a ritual, certainly you will be better next time.
- Invite your friends to read your creations, request their feedback.
- Give away certain prizes to your readers and ask them for review.
- Do not copy others creation, develop original ideas, be mightier.