64-bit is the future of computing – users of Windows 64 bit get advantage of using more than 3.6GB of RAM and system’s potential is used to its maximum for delivering high performance. Although today all computer manufacturers supply 64bit processors and 64 bit Windows by default but still some softwares are available only in 32bit versions. Firefox is one of them. Only Nightly build of Firefox offers 64bit variant but not the stable ones.
Today I’ll tell you about a high performance version of Firefox called Waterfox-its actually the stable 64 bit variant of Firefox.
Waterfox is an exclusive 64-bit browser based on Firefox’s open source code, compiled specifically for 64-bit versions of Windows. Waterfox is optimized for speed and performance.
Leave its name and you won’t notice any difference in U.I. and settings of Waterfox in comparison to Firefox. Its exact clone of Firefox just with the advantage that it a 64 bit browser that can squeez complete power of your 64 bit systems to give some extra performance.
- Being 64-Bit version Waterfox loads quicker and is much more responsive than the 32-Bit build.
- Optimized for performance (Waterfox was compiled with SSE, SSE2, x64 favoring and the following optimisation flags: /Og /Oi /Ot /Oy /Ob2 /Gs /GF /Gy).
- Can utilize complete power of your 64bit Windows and 64 bit processor with 4GB RAM.
- Stable-no worries like Firefox Nightly.
- Waterfox uses Firefox profile and settings-while uninstalling Waterfox/Firefox never select the option to delete all personal information if you are still in mood to use anyone of Firefox/Waterfox.
- To fix blurry font: Type about:config in the address bar. In the filter at the top type gfx.direct2d.disabled. Change it from false to true.
I would recommend Waterfox for all Windows 64 bit users instead of Firefox to gain some extra performance from their 64 bit processors and OS while surfing the internet.
For any queries and help related to my tricks and tips or related to computer hardwares/softwares please comment on our Facebook page ;I will reply as soon as possible.