USB Safely Remove is a USB device manager that saves time and extends USB remove/reconnect task functionalities. It is highly customizable small software through which you can hide devices from accidental stopping, rename them or assign images to find the required device in a few seconds. Suppose you stopped your device and again want to transfer some data to stopped device then this software lets you to return to the device without re-plugging.
Disadvantages of using default Windows safe remove:
- When many devices are plugged in its quite difficult to recognize a device that needs to be stopped moreover most devices have the same name: “USB mass storage device” creating a lot of problem to recognize them.
- Windows does not let you hide a device you would not want to stop from the menu.
- You cannot return back to stopped device.
- No customization options for device names and letters etc.
- No hot keys support for keyboard users
USB Safely Remove intelligently combat these problems and offers a decent multifunctional stopping menu with actual device names and icons. Using these menus you can find and stop device of your choice within a second without any hassle. You can even force stop the unstoppable device.
- Handy menu to stop any USB device.
- Rename a device
- Change a device image
- Hide a device from the menu
- Scan for hardware changes
- Stop all devices at once
- Customizable hot keys for safe removal
- Program autorun on device connection/disconnection
- CMD prompt save removal
- Works with any hot-plug devices like USB, SATA, FireWire, PCMCIA
- Ejecting memory cards rather than card reader
- Automatically hides drives of empty card slots
- Return back to stopped devices
- Power off devices on stopping them (Win Vista, 7 and 8 )
- System tray icon hiding when there are no devices to be stopped
- Displaying volume labels instead of device names
- Let you manage drive letters
- Ability to mount storage devices as a NTFS folder
- Exploring device drives in an alternative file manager (e.g. Total Commander)
- Let you prevent Windows from assigning specified drive letters to hot-plug devices
Final Verdict: I’ve used USB Safety Remove for years, its really amazing and highly customizable software. Its much bigger in its functionality than its name. I would highly recommend USB Saftey Remove to all Windows users for hassle-free control of all USB devices.
Download: USB Safety Remove (30 days trial)
For any queries and help related to our tricks and tips or related to computer hardwares/softwares please comment on our Facebook page; We will reply as soon as possible.