Google drive was launched by Google some days back. Its a storehouse like DropBox, SkyDrive where you can keep all your files and folders, and share with friends. You can also lock them to make it private. In the last post we discussed about Google drive and its features, today we’ll see how you can easily share files with friends using Google drive.
1. Login to Google drive at drive.google.com.
2. We can share the saved Google Docs files like created presentation, text and other files. Also we can share files by directly uploading to Google drive from our computer. To upload a file/folder for sharing, first click on the upload button.
3. Select either file or folder option depending on the type of file you want to upload. Here we have selected ‘Files’
4. Select file/folder from your system to upload.
5. Choose your upload settings and start uploading by clicking the ‘Start Upload’ button.
6. Once the file is successfully uploaded, click ‘Share’.
7. Add friends with whom you want to share the recently uploaded file/folder. You can include any number of friends. Though, here we have selected only one friend.
8. After adding friend(s), click on the ‘Share & Share’ button to share files with them.
9. Once your share this, your friend(s) will receive a notification on their Google drive account. They can follow the notification to view/make changes in the shared file.
10. You can also set permission for the shared file. You can allow friends to make changes or limit to reading mode only.