In the hustle and bustle of life, we may forget the key to unlock this very service. Call it a human nature or a security measure, we keep strong passwords which are hard to remember hence more prone to missing.
If you’re one those unlucky guys who’ve forgotten SBI netbanking login password, here are the steps to recover it.
- First go to SBI Internet banking login page and click on the ‘Forgot Login Password’ link.
- Select ‘Forgot My Login Password’ in the new window that pops up.
- Enter username, account number, registered phone number, date of birth as mentioned in your bank account. Click ‘Submit’ to proceed.
- A 6 digit OTP (One time password) will be sent to your reg. mobile number. Enter the password and confirm.
Next you have 2 options,
Option: 1 – Reset Password Instantly using Profile Password
- Select ‘Remember your profile password’ option and click ‘Sumbit’.
- Enter profile password.
- Provide new login password twice and your password is reset.
- Now go back to onlinesbi.com and login with your same username but new password.
Option: 2 – Reset Password from Bank or through mail
- Select ‘Forgot profile password’ if you don’t remember the profile password.
- Choose any of the two option – ‘Reset login password at branch’ or ‘Receive new password by post’.
For first one, you have to go to the bank while in the second option, new login id and password will be mailed to your postal address within a week.