In the past, I’ve posted many videos and blog-links on my Facebook page. Some got good response while some derailed badly.
I analysed 50 posts and found some factors that influences the virality of a Facebook post. Here are they,
- For a Facebook post to go viral, it should be of common interest of most people. A post on hot topics, say on politics when election is going-on, or a post on a sportsman when he/she achieves something or fails badly, would involve more users than a monotonous post that concerns fewer people and is uninteresting to read.In a simpler terms, its important to choose a topics on which people have something to express. My posts that flopped were not addictive, while some that went viral are awesome ones.
- Next is to increase reach. A Facebook post showing to 50 people can’t match the one who’s getting over 5000 audience. To increase reach, it must be posted on profile, reshared through Facebook pages and also be shared on the wall/comments of famous Facebook pages like of MTV Roadies that has over 40lac fans.
- Next option could be tagging. Number of tags to an image is limited, but you can tag as many as 50 friends in a single image. So 50 friends can be notified easily be tagging. Tagging new friends by posting the same post again and again could also help in making a Facebook post go viral.
- Another way of inducing virality in Facebook post is by sharing it in group(s). Groups have hundreds of users, so a posted image/video/text would be notified to all members of the groups. They would come and get involve with your post.
- One more way is to post on a friend’s wall. This might not be viral in effect, but would definitely increase some reach of the post.
- And if you own a blog, or write articles for websites then mentioning a reference of the post is a fine way of reaching to masses. This is a great idea as this allows you to reach people from across the globe.