Almost all banks in India provide netbanking facility to carry out transactions 24×7, directly from home.
Prepaid as well as postpaid mobile phone bills can be paid using Internet Banking. Here is how you can recharge a prepaid mobile using SBI netbanking service,
- First login to a mobile recharge website, enter phone number and select netbanking as the payment mode. Also select bank as State Bank of India.
- Now, payment gateway would take you to Online SBI website where you have to enter username and password.
- Then select the account number and click confirm to proceed.
- Once again, you’ll be asked for confirmation, simply click confirm to proceed.
- You’ll receive a 8-digit high security code on mobile that need to be entered in the box provided. Use virtual keyboard on left to enter digits, entering values using keyboard is not allowed.
- Once entered, you’ll see a message for successful transaction and you’ll be directed back to the recharge website.
- Here, you’ll see your recharge receipt. On successful recharge, it should something like this,
- Within a second or two your mobile balance would be credited.
The entire process is atomic i.e if balance is deducted, mobile would be recharged otherwise not. In case there is any problem with recharge, just mail to the website and they’ll check the problem, either your mobile would be recharged or deducted balance would come back.
So, stop going to shops for mobile recharge, opt for online payment with SBI netbanking.