If you’re bored of waiting for your Analytics report and wanna monitor it in real-time, then Google has just added the right service for you.
Now, you can easily trace number of visitors, their location, traffic sources and much more, all in real-time.
In Google Analytics, real-time stats allow webmasters to see visitor activity as it happens on the website. Each and every activity is tracked, analysed and displayed with a GUI for easy interception.
All this happens in real-time with continuous updation of stats, per minute, per second.
Stats showed with real-time analytics
With Google Analytics real-time, you can
- see how many people are on your site at a point of time,
- geographic locations of visitors,
- traffic sources that referred them: organic, unorganic, social media or other,
- pages they’re currently viewing.
Real-Time option is available in all Google Analytics accounts with no changes in the tracking code. You can see real-time traffic updates for website in your Google Analytics Dashboard.
More benefits of Google Analytics real-time update
Many more things can be monitored with real-time updates of Google Analytics. You can,
- see stats of a newly added page.
- see if promotions through social media ads is driving traffic or not.
- monitor if immediate traffic through social media websites is good or not.
- know if one day promotion through adsense ads is effective or not.
- check if tracking code is working or not.
yourRavi.com’s real-time traffic stats at 4:45am
I checked my Analytics account this morning and here are snapshots of what I saw in real-time traffic stats of my website,
Number of Visitors: 03
Location of Visitors: US (Arizona), Indian (New Delhi, Haridwar)
Active Pages with sources: 03