Merissa Mayer is Yahoo’s new CEO, she is company’s 5th CEO in the last 5 years. Recent move by the company clearly indicate its promptness to compete with Google and regain its lost sheen.
Since this blog is all about Yahoo’s new CEO, Merissa Mayer, here are some interesting facts that you’ll love to know.
- She was pregnant while resuming office on 18th July ’12, hence she became the first CEO to resume job in pregnancy.
- She was working with Google since 1999 and was executive and spokesperson of the company for a long time. She was considered as the face of Google until she left the company in 2009.
- She was Google’s 20th employee and first female engineer. She was hired by Sergey Brin and Larry Page due her strong hold on artificial intelligence. She was impressive in the interview as well.
- She refused 14 job offers including one from Carnegie Mellon University to join Google.
- She married to Zachary Bogue in 2009, and they’re expecting their first child in October 2012. She is pregnant when named as CEO of Yahoo. She has a 6 months old baby boy in her womb.
- She was handling responsibilities as Vice President of Local, Maps, and Location Services in her final years with Google.
- She played key role in Google services like Google Search, Google Images, Google Books, Google Product Search, Google Toolbar, iGoogle, Google News and Gmail. She is also responsible for providing a cleaner look to homepage of Google search.
- Merissa Mayer featured in the list of America’s most powerful women in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. She is the youngest women in the list.
- She is obsessed with fashion and follows the latest trend. Once she spent a hefty sum, nearly $60,000 just to have a dinner with fashion designer Oscar de la Renta.
- She has a $5 million penthouse at the top of Four Seasons Hotel in San Francisco.
- Mayor was ranked 32 in the Forbes Magazine’s List of The World’s 100 most powerful Women
- In 2013, she also became the first women to be listed on top on Fortune magazine’s annual list of the top 40 business stars under 40 years of age.
- In Feb 2013, she changed the company’s remote working policy and make it compulsory to have in-office roles. She had to face lot of criticism for this change in policy.
- It has been reported that the share price of Yahoo has been doubled in the short tenure of Mayor’s leadership
- And the most interesting one – It’s been rumored that she dated Google’s co-founder Larry Page in early 2000s. It was a hot subject in Silicon Valley and many considered this as taboo.
If you know something more about Yahoo’s new CEO, post in comments and we’ll add them to the list. Thanks for reading.