Indian railways online booking of tickets has gone easier with starting of the service on mobile phones.
Now you can book railway ticket directly through your mobile. No app required, just an internet connection.
Here is the stepwise guide for booking railways ticket via mobile,
- Go to irtctc’s mobile website and login with your existing irctc username and password.
- Click on ‘Book Ticket/Inquiry’. Enter your train stations, date and others details regarding the journey. Next, click ‘Train list’.
- List of trains will be shown. Select your desired train and check availability clicking ‘Availability’ button.
- Once you find the desired train and birth, click ‘book ticket’ to book railways ticket.
- Next add passangers name and age. Click ‘continue’.
- Confirm the booking. Recheck the selected train, user details and other information you entered. Click ‘continue’ to proceed.
- Pay the amount through debit/credit card. Payment through Netbanking isn’t available(as yet) for booking railways ticket through mobile.
- Once payment is made, your’ll receive the ticket. Also you’ll receive a confirmation of the booked ticket via SMS to your mobile.
- That’s all. You’ve successfully booked a railway ticket through mobile. Just carry this ticket with you while travelling.
Passangers no longer need to carry printed tickets while travelling, a snapshot of booked ticket is do.