An another reason for which you should love Google Plus is for the amount of customization it provides.
In Google Plus, you can rename profile name and add description much easily. Its important when you might want to use your Google profile for business use, hence you might need to name it as ‘Cyberpassion’ rather than ‘Ravi Sharma’.
Here we’ll be changing the name ‘ravi sharma’ to ‘Ravi Sharma’ (just minor caps change).
See the steps to change name in a Google Plus profile,
- Goto your G+ profile and click Edit profile.
- Click the name that’s displayed at top (ravi sharma). On click, a pop-up box appears.
- In the box, provide the name that you want to appear. You can also add nick name clicking on the More options tab.
Hit Save and your new name would start appearing in Google plus profile.
- Finally, click Finish Editing
Similarly, you can add description of yours clicking the ‘A brief description of you’ text below the name.
Things to keep in mind before renaming a Google Plus profile
- A name changed can’t be again changed for next 30 days.
- Never use any copyrighted names/names of celebrities.
- Use your own name or nick name only. It must represent you as an individual, so never use name of your firm or anything that has any relation to business or money making.
- Never use fancy alphabets, or signs.
- Be natural in approach. Google disallows all the above mentioned names and if if your profile name is found violating Google terms, it might be banned forever.