Being a webmaster, you want things to be as simple as possible. Verifying ownership of your website for different Google services is time-taking.
Here is a simple solution wherein you can connect your website’s Analytics account with its webmasters account. Apart from this, there are a few more advantges of the association that we’ll check at the end of this blog.
Steps to connect both accounts
- First login to Google Analytics. Make sure you’re using the new version of Google Analytics with orange-colored GUI.
- Now goto Analytics proprties. Here you’ll see options for ‘Profile’, ‘Tracking code’ and ‘Web Settings Property’ options. Click ‘Web Settings Property’ to proceed.
- Now you’ll see Webmaster Tools Settings at the bottom, click ‘edit’.
- Select your website and click ‘save’. I use my Google analytics account for 3 websites that’s I’m seeing 3 options here.
- After saving, the webpage reloads and connects your website’s Google Analytics account to its Webmasters account.
Benefit of associating both accounts
- No separate verification required for using Webmasters tools.
- Detailed analysis of website traffic (vs performance, SEO), with the help of inputs from Webmasters data.
- You can see some of your Webmasters data with Analytics reports.