We often keep more than one Gmail accounts. One for personal use, other one for professional use and other accounts for many other uses.
Sometimes there is need to see all or selected incoming emails of one account in another account. This is possible in Gmail which provides an option of forwarding emails from one Gmail account to another.
Here are the steps,
- Login to Gmail. Click the gear icon to open mail settings. Reach ‘Forwarding and POP/IMAP’. Click ‘add a email forwarding address’ button to see a pop-up.
- Enter the email address where you want the emails to forward. Click ‘next’.
Click ‘Proceed’ to continue. Emails can be forwarded to gmail ids as well as ids of Yahoo, Hotmail, Rediff and others.
- You’ll see a confirmation message. A verification email is sent to the entered(forwarding) email id.
- Now, login to the forwarding email id and click the mailed link to complete verification process. You’ll see a confirmation once verification is successful.
- To activate email forwarding, login back to the Gmail account and reach mail settings(Mail Settings>Forwarding and POP/IMAP).
By default, forwarding is inactive. To activate it, check the second radio button and click ‘save changes’ at the bottom.
- Your forwarding is set now. All incoming emails will now be forwarded to the given Gmail account.
To stop forwarding, just check the disable radio button in mail settings>Forwarding and POP/IMAP.