To make a scanned image editable, we first need to convert it into a word document. Here is the stepwise instructions to convert a scanned image (of any format) to an editable word document,
- First, get your scanned image file, say abc.jpg. It could be in any format, .jpg, .png, .bmp or any other, all will work fine.
- Open the image in ‘Adobe Photoshop’, and save it with .tif extension. You’ll now see a copy of the image, as abc.tif. (You can use any software other than Adobe Photoshop).
- Now open ‘Microsoft Office Document Imaging’ program. You’ll find this in Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools.
- Goto Tools > Recognize Text using OCR. Your image will now start to be recognized as text document. You’ll see progress bar at the center.
- Now Goto Tools > Send Text to Word. The image will now open in .doc format that you can edit and use. Accuracy of conversion depends on the clarity/DPI of the scanned image.