Indian Railways is one the biggest rail networks in the world. Every day, thousands of people search for trains, look for timetable and do online reservation. And for serving them, there are very few reliable websites available. That’s why, in today’s post we’re enlisting 5 of the very best websites for searching trains in India,
- Indianrail.gov.in: Being run by Indian Railways, its the most reliable website for train search in India. You can get train schedules, find trains between stations, enquire about the PNR status, check the seat availability and fare, and do lots more in a jiffy. Few things that the website doesn’t provide is train running status, list of cancelled/diverted trains and option for doing online ticket reservation.
- Enquiry.indianrail.gov.in : A website providing almost everything you need to know about Indian trains. Operated by Indian Railways, this website tells you about the running status of train, trains between a pair of stations, seat availability, fare information, list of cancelled and diverted trains and much other information that no other website offer.
- Searchmytrain.com: A website new to the block but has an awesome interface. It provides list of direct and indirect trains between stations alongwith route on map, timetable of trains and displaying major stations on a routemap. Apart from this, the website has complete information about railway stations like postal address, and list of trains starting and passing through it. Though operated by private body, the website can be an alternative to indianrail.gov.in simply because of its sheer easy to read, correct data and interface.
- Irctc.co.in : Another website by Indian Railways primarily made for online ticket booking in India. The website can be used to book ticket of all type – general, tatkal, easily in few steps. Payment is made online, and ticket is presented in an electronic format which can be printed.
- Erail.in : Another privately run website, erail.in provide services of checking trains from one station to another in a tabled format, PNR enquiry, timetable of trains and other information. Recently, it launched an API that can be used to get train information via making calls.