Internet Banking is a great service that helps you in carrying out transactions and bill payments directly from home, thus preventing you from tiring queues.
To activate netbanking in an existing SBI account, one just need to contact the bank and ask for it.
The recommended way
- Download SBI netbanking registration form and fill it correctly. You can also get it from the bank, if you want.
- Now, go to the bank with your identification details – driving licence, passport, PAN card or electricity/telephone bills anyone of these will do. Don’t forget to carry your bank passbook too (not mandatory).
- Show the id proof when the bank officer asks you. Affix a photocopy/printout of your identification proof and submit the application.
- You’ll be asked to come after some days(2-3 max) to get your netbanking username and password details called as netbanking kit.
- Come at the asked date, you’ll be given a high security password and username in an envelop (netbanking kit).
- Login to SBI netbanking account with the given details, alter and set the username and password of your choice.
The other way
You can also apply for netbanking account via mail by sending your application form and identification proofs. You’ll receive the netbanking kit by courier.
The recommended way is still to get this done personally by visiting the bank.
Can this be done on internet or by phone?
No, its a high security affair, that’s why no bank including SBI doesn’t allow netbanking activation on internet or through phone-call.
Cyber criminals can easily make changes and produce fake identification proofs while applying for internet banking of a victim, this in turn, result in a fine way of gaining access to someone’s bank account.