Internet Banking is a service provided by banks to its customers for making financial transaction across internet. Its also referred as online banking and netbanking.
With netbanking, we can transfer money, make online purchases, view account statement, pay phone, electricity, credit card bills, LIC premiums and lot more directly from home. Its a secure channel and a better option than using debit and credit card for online transactions.
State Bank of India has been offering internet baking for years now. It can be obtained at the time of account opening or by applying separately submitting the netbanking form at bank.
If you don’t have the netbanking facility with current SBI account, here are the steps to get it.
- Download SBI netbanking registration form and fill it. You can also get it from the bank.
- Go to the bank with any of these identification proofs – driving licence, passport, PAN card or electricity/telephone bill. Also carry the original and bank passbook.
- Affix a printout of ID proof with application and submit to the concern officer.
- Your application will be forwarded and you’ll be asked to come after some 2-3 days to get netbanking details.
- Come on the asked date, you’ll be given a temporary username and password in an envelop called netbanking kit. Make sure its not opened or tampered.
- Next login to SBI netbanking account with the given details, modify the username and password to anything of your choice but make sure its safe and not predictable.
You can also apply for netbanking facility via mail by sending your application form and identification proofs. You’ll receive the netbanking kit by courier.
Can this be done on internet or by phone?
No, its a high security affair that’s why no bank including SBI allow netbanking activation on internet or through phone-call.