ICICI bank is the second largest bank in India. Its also one of the first banks to start netbanking service in India.
Existing account holders have to write an application and ask for netbanking activation.
The steps are simple, which just takes a few days to process. Follow our stepwise guide to activate netbanking in your existing ICICI bank account,
- First go to your ICICI branch and ask for netbanking application form. You can also download the same from ICICI netbanking portal.
- Fill the form and attach a printed copy of any identification proof like D/L, electricity bills, PAN card or Passport. Ask the bank official before stapling it with your form. Being a high security affair, you might be asked to showing the original copies of the id proofs.
- Submit the form to the concerned officer and you’ll be given the netbanking kit. In most banks, the kit is given instantaneously while some (including ICICI) might ask you to come after 1-2 days.
- Collect the kit. This netbanking kit would include your username and password.
- Login to ICICI netbanking portal with the given username and password. On successful login, you have to link your existing account with the netbanking account. Also, you can change the username and password to your desired one. More information on link and using netbanking account is available on ICICI’s website.
The other way is to ask for netbanking activiation by sending mail(portal) to the bank or by dropping the application form in ATM dropbox. Alongwith the application, you have to attach photo-copies of identification proofs with original copy. Bank will send the netbanking kit via mail.
Netbanking activation is disallowed through internet or telephone-call. Criminals can produce fake identification details and get netbanking kit of a victim. Once they recieve the kit, money can easily be debited from victim’s account.