Axis bank is providing netbanking service to its customers for some years now. Older account holders who didn’t had the luxury of netbanking can also activate it by applying at the nearest branch.
However, netbanking is activated with most newer Axis bank accounts. But if not, ask for it while applying for an account.
For older account holders, an application is needed to be filed at the bank. Here are the stepwise guide for activating netbanking in Axis bank,
Method 1: Application via postal mail
- Get the netbanking application from the bank and fill it.
- Attach a copy of id proof. Voter id, PAN card, D/l, anything will do. Put photocopies of all these in an envelope and mail(postal) to the bank where you have an account. You’re also required to send original documents alongwith photocopies.
- Bank will send your netbanking kit in a few days. The netbanking kit would hold your username and password.
This method isn’t a good option as you might lose your original documents, or netbanking kit might got to a wrong address. Our second method is a much better options but you need to attribute your one/two working days for this.
Method 2: Manual activation
Another way of doing the same is by manually going to the bank and filling the netbanking form.
- Once application is filled, attach a photocopy of your identification proof with it. And show the original copy to the concerned bank officer.
- You’ll be given the netbanking kit instantly but for some bank, it might takes some time. This depends on the workload of bank officer as adding netbanking service to an account includes uploading of users data, filling an online form which takes some 10-15 minutes.
- Once you get the netbanking kit from bank. Login to Axis bank netbanking portal with the given username and password.
- On successful login, you can now change the username and password to a desired one.
Netbanking activation through internet is disallowed as it isn’t foolproof. Criminals can apply for netbankling account of a victim by producing fake identification proofs. And once netbanking kit goes in wrong hands, account is compromised.