World is eagerly waiting for the world’s cheapest tablet, Aakash to roll out in the market. Though, its swinging in the hands of some college students but thirst of common people would quench only when the tablet would grace in the retail market.
Aakash enthusiasts, who are just happy with the price tag should broaden their smile as there are as many as 6 latest updates on Aakash they’ll love to know.
- Firstly, Aakash would be available in the retail market from January 2012 onwards. If you aren’t happy enough with this, then check the next one.
- Market price of Aakash is Rs. 3000, but its expected to go down in 2012 (within 6-8 months, probably). The next version of Aakash tablet is expected to be 4-5% cheaper than the present one.
But, Hey! don’t wait for price reduction, Rs 3000 is cheap in itself; snatch one as you see an Aakash in the market.
- Newer version of the tablet would be launched in every 6 months with improved features. Processing power, performance and battery would be at the focal point of improvement.
- Aakash-2, the second version of Akash would have greater RAM, processing speed and battery life. RAM would be scaled-up to 1 Gb, processor to 800Mz from the existing configuration of 256Mb and 366Ghz, respectively.
Its expected to be available around April 2012, told a Datawind employee.
- The latest buzzword on internet, Aakash has more than 3 lac pre-launch booking received; 2 new manufacturing centers are established to accommodate the increasing demands.
Sales are expected to hit 50 lac mark by 2012.
- An update for students, Datawind started a contest for students to provide notions for improving performance of the cheapest tablet by India.
They can reach the Facebook page of Datawind, manufacturer of Aakash to get details regarding the contest.
We’ll be updating the article as we receive more updates on Aakash tablet computer.